David L. Babcock <olb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is anyone considering bottled hydrogen sold at gas stations?

I think that would cost a great deal of money. It takes a lot of gas to
power an automobile. Think about how large the underground tanks of
gasoline are in a regular gas station.

In Japan they have tried a variety of methods. They had an experimental
hydrogen fueling station near a university that used electrolysis, so it
needed only water and electricity. Unfortunately, it exploded. I saw a
photo of it before the explosion. It looked complicated and expensive.

Fueling stations are projected to cost between $1 and $3 million each,
depending on capacity. See p. 12:

https://www.osti.gov/servlets/purl/1506613