H LV <hveeder...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What on earth do you mean?
>>

> A few examples:
> --Volatile organic compounds
>
> https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/volatile-organic-compounds-impact-indoor-air-quality
>
> --Farming without disturbing soil could cut agriculture’s climate impact
> by 30%
>
> https://theconversation.com/farming-without-disturbing-soil-could-cut-agricultures-climate-impact-by-30-new-
> research-157153

Those have nothing to do with energy production. I was only talking about
electricity and transportation energy.

> Why? What's the point? Electric cars will soon be cheaper, more reliable,
>> four times more energy efficient, and better for the environment. What's
>> not to like?
>>

> Synthetic fuels can be used in existing gas stations.

I don't see the point. Why spend four times more money than you need to?
Electric cars are far cheaper per mile. They will soon cost less for the
vehicle itself, over the life of the car. Why spend a whole lot more money
than you need to? Who is going to do that? People are never inclined to
spend extra money for obsolete technology. They won't have much of a choice
either, soon. After ~10% of cars are electric, gas stations will begin
going out of business in droves. They have a thin profit margin. In a
generation, garages will not have parts for gasoline cars, and mechanics
will not know how to fix them. Owning one will be as inconvenient as owning
a vacuum tube radio.

> Older apartments and houses wouldn't need to be electrically upgraded.

In Atlanta, they only need to be upgraded if the wiring is 50 years or more
old. (Mine was! It was a good thing we upgraded, because the old wiring had
scorched the walls.) It does not call for a lot of amps. Exactly as many as
a 240 VAC clothes dryer, which any house can have.

> Powering heavy machinery with batteries is still unfeasible. Even more so
> in remote locations.

That's true. Heavy machinery and aircraft will be the last vehicles to be
converted to electricity. If they ever are. Coal mining mega-trucks, for
example . . . oh wait. We will not need them. Okay, iron ore mega-trucks.

https://www.mining-technology.com/features/feature-the-worlds-biggest-mining-dump-trucks/