On Sat, 30 Apr 2022, H LV wrote:

New research shows that laser spectral linewidth is classical-physics
phenomenon
https://phys.org/news/2020-07-laser-spectral-linewidth-classical-physics-ph
enomenon.html

VERY cool!

Perhaps this points to a new kind of physics which is a synthesis of
classical and quantum physics.

An old proposal is SED, Stochiastic Electrodynamics, which, if I understand it, is classical physics but with an enormous zeropoint sea of particles and fluctuations.

Also, Willis Lamb was trying to create a physics which entirely lacked photons, but instead was based on EM waves, but with many little Classical effects added, usually ignored but instead brought to the front (such as perhaps my own favorite: wave-resonance being able to excite a nonlinear oscillator suddenly, across a threshold ...as if it had been struck by a tiny particle, yet it was entirely a wave phenomenon, as if Photoelectric Effect does not demonstrate QM after all.)

Still, the 2-photon 180deg emission from positron annihilation ...hard to explain any of that Entaglement stuff. Must perhaps add many-worlds version of reality, to the particle-sea of SED theory.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci