There are many misconception in classic standard model physics that includes Mills.

See a preliminary version of "basics of physics" :: https://www.lenr-forum.com/attachment/21523-basics-of-physics36-pdf/

The problem in Mills argumentation is the notion of charge at light speed. Charge is always bound to mass and thus never can move at light speed.

But as the universe is in perfect symmetry and we indeed know that EM flux flows at light speed we can get the same picture with a charge completely at rest! From the restframe of charge everything around it moves at light speed. An external observer cannot tell the difference.

A charged sphere is not a stable surface as charge must repel and the sphere must blow up. This only doesn't happen because charge is bound to "mass" or as said in "reality"  is a virtual effect of EM flux.

J.W.