Impact on education . . . Query:

Describe Shakespeare's Sonnet 29.

Shakespeare's Sonnet 29 is a poem in which the speaker laments their
misfortunes and feelings of isolation, but finds solace in the thought of
the loved one to whom the poem is addressed. The poem consists of 14 lines
written in iambic pentameter, with a rhyme scheme of abab cdcd efef gg. In
the first eight lines, the speaker describes their loneliness and despair,
comparing themselves to a ship lost at sea and a captive bird. In the next
four lines, the speaker declares their love for the beloved and asks for
their pity and mercy. In the final two lines, the speaker finds comfort in
the thought of the loved one, and affirms that their love will bring them
out of their despair. Overall, the poem explores themes of isolation, love,
and the power of the beloved to bring comfort and salvation.

This is wrong. It is clearly not written by a person. There is nothing in
the poem about a ship lost at sea or a captive bird. There is a bird. If a
student turned this in, the teacher would know it was generated by AI.

Here is the sonnet:

When, in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,

I all alone beweep my outcast state

And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries

And look upon myself and curse my fate,

Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,

Featured like him, like him with friends possess'd,

Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,

With what I most enjoy contented least;

Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,

Haply I think on thee, and then my state,

Like to the lark at break of day arising

>From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;

For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings

That then I scorn to change my state with kings.