Similar thing dealt with in this fiction tv series - Westworld https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westworld_(TV_series)

where humans can go to an amusement park where there are androids/robots, where can abuse the androids in any way one likes - rape, kill etc - equivalent to a more advanced "sex doll"

eventually the androids rebel at the abuse

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jed Rothwell" <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Sent: Saturday, 18 Feb, 23 At 00:45
Subject: Re: [Vo]:ChatGPT goes bonkers

Giovanni Santostasi <gsantost...@gmail.com <mailto:gsantost...@gmail.com> > wrote:

The video game analogy is a good thought experiment but basically concerns the question Sam Harris asked in the video I linked in my previous comment: Is there a line between raping a toaster and raping a sentient being that makes you a rapist?

A more apt comparison would be raping a sex doll. Yes, there is a line. It could not be clearer. A toaster is an inanimate object. It has no life and no feelings. So there is no possible harm to it. A toaster might hurt you. Especially if it is plugged in.

I can imagine someone complaining about sex with algae, or yogurt bacteria. They are, at least, alive. I expect you would kill them. But a toaster or sex doll is not alive, so there is no way any sexual act can affect it. The very idea is meaningless. At worst, I suppose you might be guilty of ruining machinery and wasting money.