And the breakable shellac 78 RPM?  Edison's wax cylinder?

Regarding analog vs digital music, PCM sampled at 10% over the Nuquist rate
can exactly reproduce the original signal.  But the analog reproduction can
add a spacial quality.

I actually lost a good friend over an argument on CDs.  Remember when they
had a AAD, ADD or DDD rating.  Ken Franklin quit speaking to me because I
took the CD side.

Of course, he had thousands invested in Snell speakers, Macintosh tube amps
and two walls of vinyl.