Robin <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au> wrote:

> Note, if it is really smart, and wants us gone, it will engineer the
> circumstances under which we wipe ourselves out. We
> certainly have the means. (A nuclear escalation ensuing from the war in
> Ukraine comes to mind.)

As I pointed out, it would have to be really smart, really crazy, and *really,
really* suicidal. Because this would quickly cut off the electricity and
tech support, so the AI computer would soon stop. If the AI was smart
enough to destroy humanity, surely it would know this. It seems a little
unlikely to me that such an insane, suicidal intelligence could function
well enough to destroy civilization. That level of insanity is
dysfunctional.