Jed Rothwell wrote:

> The cold fusion article at Wikipedia has grown too large, so it must
> be split up.
> Someone asked me to assist with the sub-article "cold fusion
> controversy." I should not waste my time on this sort of thing, but I did.
>
> The skeptics will soon trash this and erase it, but I had a lot of
> fun writing it. Have a look before it is gone:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_fusion_controversy

Here is a passage from Jed's article in the Wikipedia.

> Calorimetry is based upon the laws of thermodynamics. Since most
> skeptics agree that autoradiographs, the laws of thermodynamics and so on are
> valid, cold fusion researchers feel the skeptics should should agree that cold
> fusion experiments are valid, and that the burden of proof is on those who
> claim these techniques and laws are inoperative.

It got me thinking...
Suppose the excess heat is evidence that the second law of thermodynamics
is some how violated. In other words the various apparatus that CF
researches employ are able to produce usable heat (i.e. excess heat) without
an effective temperature difference.

Harry