Colin wrote..

Richard, to what "strange" events do ye speak of at the antipodes?

Howdy Colin,
A tried to find my file on a corresponding article to the link below but ! alas! couldn't locate. Iy had to do with some earth related phenomena observed on the opposite side of the earth to the hurricane.Hope this helps.
We have attempted to understand how our vortex generator can in turn produce  sympathic vortexes adjacent to the main tube. These djacent tubes arrive and dissipate spontaneously and can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal within our plexiglas test tank.

Richard