RC Macaulay wrote:

> Colin wrote..
>
> Richard, to what "strange" events do ye speak of at the antipodes?
>

> Howdy Colin,
> A tried to find my file on a corresponding article to the link below but !
> alas! couldn't locate. Iy had to do with some earth related phenomena observed
> on the opposite side of the earth to the hurricane.Hope this helps.
> We have attempted to understand how our vortex generator can in turn produce
> sympathic vortexes adjacent to the main tube. These djacent tubes arrive and
> dissipate spontaneously and can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal within our
> plexiglas test tank.
>
> http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0506162
> Richard

>From the above link:

 "A non-conventional vertical seismometer, with good low-frequency
  sensitivity, was used to study earth motions in Macon, Georgia USA during
  the time of hurricane Charley, August 2004. During its transitions between
  water and land, the powerful storm showed an interesting history of
  microseisms and also generated more than half-a-dozen surprisingl
  coherent oscillations, whose frequencies ranged from 0.9 to 3 mHz."

Could the reverse happen? Could seismic activity alter the weather?
I say this because last year I noticed a curious coincidence. We had a small
quake ( hardly noticeable) in our area at around 8pm or 9pm. The next day we
got good weather instead of the bad weather which had been forecasted the
day before.

Harry