From: Frederick Sparber <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Sent: 11/17/2006 4:36:52 AM
Subject: Re: E-Field Mass Cancellation

If you buy my earlier contention that Electrons are actually Repelled by
Gravity/Protons, then the lift Buehler saw is an
electrostatic/electrogravity field
interaction between the charged single plates, or the capacitors and earth
ground.
This would explain why the positive plate was repelled due to it's electron
counter-charge added to earth ground.

Fred

Doyle Buehler's Experiments:

http://www.space-mixing-theory.com/article2.pdf

The NASA report on the Canning Cap Thruster:

http://gltrs.grc.nasa.gov/reports/2004/CR-2004-213312.pdf

"Electrostatic Forces without Current Flow

One possible explanation for lifters might be electrostatic forces due to a
net charge on

the lifter interacting with induced charges (e.g. image charges) in the
ground below. Lifters use a

stationary power supply, and how it is configured determines if there is a
net charge on the lifter

(note the ground can be wired in different ways, and some examples are
illustrated in figure 5

above). To investigate this possibility, assume the extreme case of a
perfectly conducting ground

plane below a lifter, and also assume that its distance from the lifter is
one hundred times the

distance between the charged plates of the lifter. If one plate is at ground
and the other is at a

voltage such as 100 kilovolts, then the electrostatic force between the
lifter and an image charge

is significant. Computations show it is about the magnitude necessary to
lift the lifter. However,

this force is attractive, so it would pull the lifter down, not push it up.

The power supply could be configured so that the lifter has zero net charge.
That is, one

plate could be positively charged and the other negatively charged, giving
zero net charge. This

gives the electrostatic field of a dipole. If there were a perfectly
conducting ground plane below

such a lifter, then an image dipole would be induced. The resulting force
would be reduced from

that discussed above by a factor of one hundred squared, since each dipole
would give a field

about one hundred times smaller than a single charge. However, using a
dielectric of relative

dielectric constant one hundred would increase the force by a factor of one
hundred squared.

This force would then be of about of the magnitude that lifters experience.
However, the force

between a dipole and its image is attractive, so it would be a downward
force.

These effects are not likely to be significant for actual lifters, since
grass and even a concrete

floor (possibly with rebar in it) is not a good conductor. These effects may
be more relevant for

ACTs which may operate near metal objects. However, when an ACT rotates
within a metal box,

these effects may be expected to average to zero. These devices create a
dipole like field for all

distances larger than a few times the distance between their electrodes.
This field is the same in

front of the device as behind it, except for a change of sign. This symmetry
causes a nearly total

cancellation of forces for a rotating device. We note that Talley’s
experiment did not rotate, but

instead suspended the device from a stiff wire. Since that did not rotate,
his design was

susceptible to electrostatic effects, as he reported.5

There are other plausible mechanisms for creating an electrostatic force.
For example,

accelerating charges radiate. When this radiation is incident on a conductor
(or dielectric), it

can cause a current. If the current and charge on the ACT were non uniform
(as happens, for

example, when there are Trichel Pulses), then there could be an induced
charge and a resulting

electrostatic interaction. We expect that such an effect would be quite
small. Any charges that

accelerate also decelerate, either by collisions with air the other
electrode. These effects tend to

cancel, so the net result should be quite small. Also, our experimental data
using Argon show the

ACT still produces a force, which depends on the current, and voltage in a
similar way to in air.

However, in Argon the current flows uniformly, and not in bursts. Thus,
since this mechanism

would not give a force in argon, we conclude that it is unlikely to be
significant.

Electrostatic Forces with a Current Flow

A simple model was found to explain all of our data. The thrust produced can
be explained

by electrostatic forces moving ions, and by those ions transferring their
momentum to the

surrounding air by collisions. Using some reasonable approximations, this
force can be easily

computed. Later, some of those assumptions will be removed and the
calculation made more

accurate. We assume for now that all of the current consists of N2 ions
traveling directly from

one electrode to the other, and further assume that the voltage changes
uniformly from one