The Energy Blog - powered by FeedBurner
----- Original Message -----
From: The Energy Blog
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:33 AM
Subject: The Energy Blog

The Energy Blog
  a.. Toyota to Pursue Diesel Hybrid
  An article in Edmunds reports that following Toyota's announcement that it
will buy a 5.9 percent stake in Isuzu, the companies announced that they will
pursue a joint diesel development strategy. In the Toyota/Isuzu partnership,
Isuzu will take the lead in the areas of research and development for...

  [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other
content, and more! ]]

  b.. Why a Hydrogen Economy Doesn't Make Sense
  Another study, reported in PhysOrg.com reaffirms The Energy Blog's belief
that the hydrogen economy is not energy efficient. In a recent study, fuel cell
expert Ulf Bossel explains that a hydrogen economy is a wasteful economy. The
large amount of energy required to isolate hydrogen from natural...

  [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other
content, and more! ]]

  c.. Safer, Sustainable Energy Investigated
  PhysOrg.com reports that In the future a new generation of nuclear reactors
will create energy, while producing virtually no long-lasting nuclear waste,
according to research conducted by Wilfred van Rooijen, who will receive his
Delft University of Technology (Netherlands) PhD degree based on this...

  [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other
content, and more! ]]

  d.. Fuel Cell Industry Growing, but Still Relatively Small
  According to the 2006 Fuel Cell Industry Survey by PriceWaterhouseCoopers,
for the publicly traded companies in the global fuel cell sector:● Revenues
were up 20% to $266 million in 2005● There was a 6% decrease in RD expenditures
to $206 million ● Continuing a trend started in 2003, revenues...

  [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other
content, and more! ]]

  e.. PHEVs Have Little Impact on Electric Power System
  DOE's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory released a report today, that
indicates that idle capacity in the existing electric power system could
generate most of the electricity consumed by plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
A new study for the Department of Energy finds that off-peak electricity...

  [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other
content, and more! ]]

  f.. German Biogas Project Recycles Wastewater to Grow Corn
  Biopact reports on the construction of a €10 million (US$13 million) biogas
complex in Germany that includes a dedicated field of corn watered by
wastewater, a pipeline and a combined heat-and-power plant. Corn will be raised
on a dedicated plot of 10 square kilometers (2471 acres). The entire...

  [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other
content, and more! ]]

Email Delivery powered by FeedBurner
You are subscribed to email updates from The Energy Blog
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.

If you prefer to unsubscribe via postal mail, write to: The Energy Blog, c/o
FeedBurner, 549 W Randolph, Chicago IL USA 60661