Michel Jullian wrote:
 > Paul, I suggest you try and do some simple physics
derivations (analytically) without
 > the help of PE, and post them here. Max speed
reached by the ball in a pendulum released
 > at an angle of 90° from the vertical as a function
of string length, this kind of stuff.

I've adapted my own style of physics and retired the
pen and paper, lol.  IMHO the future
of physics is computer software.  Computers are best
at mathematics, speed, and memory.  I
view the Omniverse as one large computer.  As far as
PE, my present simulation software
has no such magical PE.  What I've described here at
vortex is one thing, but only if you
could experience what I've experienced through
simulations.  For example, it is well known
that the electron is expressed in Ampere-Meter^2.
Therefore what else are you going to
use to simulate electron spin?  Well, it turns out
such current-loops form a magnetic
dipole moment in space. Furthermore two current-loops
rotate facing each other while
accelerating toward each. Last, but not least, there
exists opposing induced voltage on
the current-loops, which consumes energy from such
current-loops. The amount of energy
consumed from such current-loops equals the gained KE
and increase in field. There's no
real way getting around it in terms of simulation.
That completely eliminates the need
for such PE. :-)  Quite frankly I know of no other way
of simulating electron spin, unless
I tell the computer "Hey, ignore all reasons why, but
just make this particle magically
create a magnetic field in the shape of a dipole
moment.

 > You keep telling us electromagnets consume energy,
true but that's only because the
 > wires are resistive. A non-resistive current-loop
would not consume any energy to keep
 > the current going.

That's an odd statement since it is 100.00000%
incorrect. :-)  No offense intended, but I
need to spend less time in discussion, since recently
and oddly enough I'm getting odd
emails (not from any known person at vortex) asking
repetitive questions that appear to
merely dissipate my time. It's consuming half my day.

Michel, it is called induced voltage, and I assure you
such induced voltage exists.  If we
have two wire loops facing each other with current
flowing the same rotational direction
there will be a force attracting the two wire loops
toward each other.  As the wire loops
accelerate toward each other there are more so-called
magnetic lines entering/cutting each
wire loop.  That is where the induced voltage comes
from, and such induced voltage
***opposes*** the current in the wire.  Power consumed
is induced voltage times the direct
current.

Regards,
Paul Lowrance

 > Michel
 >
 > P.S. The confusion over the definition of
"universe" is yours (and shared by all people
talking about multiple universes) I am afraid. As I
said the universe is all there is, by
definition:
 > http://www.thefreedictionary.com/universe
 > as can be easily understood from such derived words
as "universal". If you dislike the
word, "nature" is fine for me too.

*standard* physics

 >> Michel Jullian wrote:
 >>> I didn't understand your reply, would the
 >> elementary particle (any particle, e.g. a
 >> neutron, a quark) lose something while falling
towards
 >> a planet?
 >>

 >> Basically you're asking what sustains such
particles.
 >> To perhaps provide you with a
 >> different POV, here's an analogy even though all
 >> analogies are imperfect, but they server
 >> to make a point.  The electro-magnet represents
the
 >> particle.  The source of power
 >> (current source) that sustains the electro-magnet
 >> would represent "Space."
 >>
 >> We agree energy is being moved from the battery
when
 >> two electro-magnets accelerate toward
 >> each other in magnetic attraction. We agree such
 >> energy is moved from the battery to KE
 >> and an increase in B-field. In the case of
permanent
 >> magnets, we both agree that energy of
 >> "some sort" is moving to the magnets in way of KE
in
 >> addition to a net increase in
 >> B-field.  You refer to such an energy source as
PE.  I
 >> am pointing out very obvious
 >> patterns in nature that indicates such energy is
not
 >> yet another different aspect. That
 >> such PE is not yet another separate type.  We see
PE
 >> popping its head in QM and Classical
 >> equations.  IMHO PE should *not* be some magical
glue
 >> to bond and balance mathematical
 >> theories together.
 >>
 >> You might ask as to what patterns in nature am I
 >> referring to.  Anything from springs to
 >> electro-magnets.  Long ago people probably looked
at
 >> the spring and could only imagine
 >> where such energy was being stored, where it was
going
 >> to and coming from.  Today the
 >> spring is no mystery.  We know about atomic bonds.
:-)

 >> When humanity discovers an electro-gravity coil
then
 >> do you truly believe it will require
 >> *no* energy when objects accelerate toward such a
coil
 >> while it is on?   We already know
 >> what happens when the electro-magnet coil attracts
 >> magnetic materials.  It requires energy.
 >>

 >>> BTW, I wonder if PE shouldn't be viewed as a
 >> property of the universe rather than of an
 >> object.
 >>

 >> That's exactly what you seem to believe.  As two
iron
 >> atoms accelerate toward each other
 >> we know it gains KE and a net increase in magnetic
 >> field.  You believe nature has a back
 >> door of energy, figuratively speaking.  A hidden
 >> storage compartment that cannot be seen
 >> or analyzed while in storage.  Such a theory is
fine
 >> if one has nothing else, or until we
 >> begin to perceive such aforementioned patterns in
 >> nature, or until we analyze the
 >> equivalent of the magnetic dipole moment, which we
 >> call the electro-magnet.  Also, such a
 >> concept of PE is very ugly as far as simulation
 >> programs are concerned.  It's difficult
 >> enough simulation known energy.
 >>

 >>> BTW2, the universe is all that exists, by
 >> definition. Parallel "universes" should be
 >> called something else.
 >>

 >> I believe you are confusing Omniverse or
Multiverse
 >> with the word "universe."   You cannot
 >> say the universe is all there is if you accept
 >> parallel universes.  It's just a definition
 >> anyway, which I often call "all there is" as
Nature,
 >> but sometimes I prefer Omniverse.
 >>

 >> Regards,
 >> Paul