Michel Jullian wrote:
 >> I've adapted my own style of physics...
 >
 > No problem, I was only suggesting this as a way for
you to realize you can't do away
 > with PE. Simulation software is usually based on
forces and fields, so indeed it doesn't
 > have to compute energy to solve things. Which
software do you use, something of your
 > own making?

To realize?  It's the only way of doing it without
using magic.  For now I see no reason
to use a magnetic monopole.  I'll just have to use
what already works, the current loop. :-)

 >> That's an odd statement since it is 100.00000%
 >> incorrect. :-)  No offense intended
 >
 > A less peremptory tone would be more productive.

I am blunt, and make no apologies for it.  When in
error I ***gladly*** admit such error.
  Saving face IMHO it pitiful.

 > I know about induced emf, my comment
 > mentioned no other current loop around, in which
context it is 100% correct :)

I am sorry, but your statement was clear and
incorrect.  Your quote,
---
"You keep telling us electromagnets consume energy,
true but that's only because the wires
are resistive. A non-resistive current loop would not
consume any energy to keep the
current going."
---
You said, "electromagnets"   Notice the "s," which
means plural.   You know what?  It does
not even matter if you meant one electro-magnet
because your statement is still incorrect.
  Electro-magnets have induction, so you can't even
energize the thing without consuming
such energy.  Of course there is wire resistance, but
there is also ***reactance***.
Right off the bat your statement is incorrect.
Second, we were clearly discussing two
electro-magnets accelerating toward each other.

Regards,
Paul Lowrance

Get your own web address.