Jed Rothwell wrote:

Mike Carrell wrote:

In this bloom of optimism about ultracaps as energy storage for cars and a theoretically high recharging rate, do a reality

And Jed said;

Suppose you want to recharge a dozen cars at one time, ten times per hour (six minutes each) during the peak rush hour. That's 120

I have a simple answer, you plug the car in when you shut it off. I'm talking about a garden variety, 20 Amp plug in. The car spends most of it's life turned off. There could be plug ins in every parking lot with a quarter activated switch like a clothes dryer. The only place where you would need a fast recharger would be on free ways. But the car has to be equiped to take a fast charge, and that adds weight.

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---