Hi,
[snip]
>Hi
>
>I am trying to concieve how RAM works. As far as I can see it has to be some
>molecule having its vibrational spectrum in the radar domain. This can
>explain why the radar waves are being absorbed. But how is the energy
>depleted and taken away from the material? Without energy going away the
>excited states will very soon be filled. Can someone imagine a way to do
>this?
>
>David

Consider that in a microwave oven, radio waves are converted into heat. This
results in reemission of the energy, but at a different frequency than the
absorbed energy. Radar is based upon energy reflected at the *same* frequency it
was transmitted at, but Doppler shifted.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition provides the motivation,