----- Original Message -----
From: "John Berry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]: Re: Fred's Van de Graaff Antics

>> You can calculate i*d/2E-4 (i current in A, d gap in m) for yourself can't
>> you? Well that's the ion wind's contribution to the thrust in N. Measure
>> more thrust than that in a device, and then you'll have found evidence of
>> something else contributing, until then you're an idiot ion wind skeptic :)
>

> I haven't really done any lifter experiments (not one light enough to take
> off anyway) and math isn't my strong suit,

It doesn't have to take off, you can measure the decrease in apparent weight.
As for the maths, it boils down to:

Ion wind contributed thrust in grams = 0.5*i*d with i in mA and d in mm

Is this simple enough for you?

> I'm basing the statement on
> something I read about a NASA (Nasa Ain't a Space Agency, or Not A Space
> Agency) mathematician, I believe it was saying that ion wind was not
> sufficient to account for the thrust, and honestly when you look at the
> different things that have been done to reduce or apparently rule out ion
> wind, well they paint a far more convincing picture, especially since as I
> said ion wind doesn't account for other embodiments of Brown's work hardly
> at all.

Hearsay, beliefs, you'd better see for yourself. Whatever the device,

> Why when there is more evidence for a real effect do you choose to brush it
> aside in preference of a less likely mundane explanation, just consider the
> implications of such technology if it can be made effective.
> In fact if you think there is even a chance that there might be something in
> it you should realize it is too valuable to dismiss.
> Unless of course you are in reality a skeptic

No, I speak of experience, I have done experiments and measurements at all
kinds of voltages and currents. As I said, you're the ion wind skeptic:

skep·tic also scep·tic
n.
1. One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with
assertions or generally accepted conclusions

> in which case what are you doing here?

Wasting my time on someone who doesn't have a clue.

>> power
>> hurt
>> meat
>> >

>> > Actually the only thing you feel is a pin point burn and the smell of
>> > burning skin, plus a buzzing.
>> > If it wasn't for the burn it's not painful though possibly irritating.
>>
>> The friend who made that description of the pain plays with high voltages
>> at the kW level, do you?  :)
>

> No,  not kW levels, in fact you can get what I described from a 12w flyback
> that powers a plasma globe.

How cute, is this what you tried to fly your lifter with? :) You can get what
my friend Xavier (fka Saviour) from Blazelabs described from the 1kW
multi-flyback shown on his site (a supply I know quite well :).

> Honestly you seem to know very little about electricity in theory or
> practice.

lol :)

Michel