Jones Beene wrote:

There is no consensus among the so-called "hundreds of the world's best civil engineers" and many excellent engineers on or associated with the 9/11 commission had their contrary opinions eliminated from the final report by direct order from Philip Zelikow.

Okay, where are these people? Why have they not published books, and gone on talk shows? I read the newspapers; I would have heard from them by now. They would not simply shut up, give up, and go away if they had any inkling that explosives were used.

 And this was NOT an exhaustive investigation by any means.

There was not one investigation; there were many independent investigations, in the U.S. and elsewhere. In Japan, Taiwan and China, for example, experts planning and constructing tall buildings all put all projects on hold and spent many months examining the data and physical evidence, reviewing standards and changing building plans. (This was described in the Japanese media.) Do you really think these people would not recognize the difference between explosives and burning fuel? Or do you claim that the Bush administration can magically fool structural engineers in Tokyo and Beijing, or silence them?

IOW at some high level in the Pentagon/CIA - but not necessarily the White House, our government knew that there was an Al Queda plot underway, knew the target, knew the names of most of the Arabs plotters . . .

That is an entirely different assertion. Structural engineers would not find physical evidence of such a conspiracy.

As I said, I do not think this administration could conspire its way out of a paper bag. People who cannot even keep it secret that they track people by cell phones cannot pull off a plot on this scale.