also, 5k pounds of thermite would be required to bring it down on its
own.  thats not the conspiracy theory.  the theory is that the
thermite was used to melt the concrete and weaken teh steal, allowing
the rest of the natural damage from the plane to do it.  that requires
substantially less thermite.

On 2/20/07, Jed Rothwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
John Berry writes:

>Actually it has been pointed out that there was a light (laser?) beam
>visible on the building which was probably used for painting the taget . . .

These were amateur pilots. An experienced pilot would have great difficulty
doing that. Many of the Japanese kamikaze pilots missed their targets
(battleships or aircraft carriers) by a wide margin. It is remarkable that they
both hit and it would be a miracle if they could see and hit a laser spot.

> . . . the
>most likely would be a range of floors and they simply triggered the one
>hit.

A range of floors? Let's say 10 floors, with 5 thouand pounds of thermite on
each one. You are suggesting that the following took place:

In the months leading up to the attack, someone brought in 50,000 pounds of
thermite into the building without being detected. They tore down a large
number of walls next to the elevators to explose the main beams around the
elevator shafts. They cut through concrete with jackhammers and prepared
thermite, fuses, electric wires and so on. They stockpiled a huge number of
tools, which would allow them to cut several hundreds of beams per floor
quickly (20 minutes or so -- a world record). While all this was happening, no
one in the building noticed. Thousand of tenants walked right past this work,
and lived with the noise, dust and commotion for weeks, but not a single one
complained or raised questions. Hundreds of workers showed up every day on ten
floors for weeks preparing the demolition, but nobody noticed.

They trained maybe 500 people to do this (50 people per floor) and had them
show up and remain inconspicuous even though they were wearing industrial
clothing, welder's masks, gloves and so on. Then, when the airplane struck, 50
of these people miraculously survived without oxygen in roaring flames, and
they went to work cutting away at the beams. And after a while they cut through
the beams.

Following that, even though the most intense police and forensic investigation
in history was performed, and even though there were thousand of pounds of
unused thermite, enough tools and equipment to fill a small factory, 500 dead
people wearing heavy clothing, welder's masks and so on, on 10 floors, not a
single trace of this evidence was found.

Do you really think this is plausible? Do you really take this seriously?
Because this is the only way this could happen. No one can hide 50,000 tons of
thermite, or perform a major demolition in ten minutes.

I suggest you THINK about how things really work. Stop throwing around the word
"thermite" as if it was magic dust that someone can throw at a building and
have it fall down minutes later. Think about how construction and demolitions are
performed, how long they take, what steps are needed, where the main beams in a building
are located, how a workman would access them, and so on. You will see that the scenario
you imagine is utterly impossible.

That which yields isn't always weak.