Jed Rothwell wrote:
Michel Jullian wrote:

The highly OU commercial ambient air energy pumping devices I was talking about are those residential heating heat pumps we have been discussing in the 'loop closed' thread, they commonly reach COPs of 4 (1000W out for 250W in, the excess coming from ambient air).

I thought this thread was a joke. A heat pump is NOT over unity. Using old-fashioned terminology, a heat pump moves heat from a cold "reservoir" to a hot one. When you drive a heat engine with the heat from the hot reservoir, the heat engine produces less energy overall than the heat pump consumed.

Please do not confuse this thread with such heat pumps. This thread has nothing to do with that. As Michel clearly stated, the "loop closed" thread is discussing that typical heat pumps. Please reply over in the "loop closed" thread.

This thread is about a simple fact that a capacitor is always charged to some degree when connected to a noise source such as carbon resistor, less the infinitesimal time when the charge changes polarity.

Regards,
Paul Lowrance