Hi,
[snip]
>Er, D2 is not a deuteride is it? That's why I thought you meant HD (hydrogen
>deuteride).
>
>Anyway so you mean molecular deuterium D2 goes into e.g. the palladium (thus
>forming a palladium deuteride PdD), and H comes out?

Yes, and no. I mean D2 goes in forming e.g. PdD, but SIMS analysis turns up some
H as well. Then I would need to know the % of the Hydrogen that turned up as H
(as opposed to D), and also the purity of the original D2.

I'm both looking for evidence of Faux D, and trying to determine what percentage
it is of real D. A related question is how is the purity of heavy water
determined?

>By which mechanism?

The primary ions used in SIMS have enough energy to convert most Faux D into H +
Hydrino, so an increase in the H content would indicate how much Faux D was
present.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition (capitalism) provides the motivation,
Cooperation (communism) provides the means.