Edmund Storms wrote:

I suggest Park has simply reiterated his belief that the Jones claims are real but not what Pons and Fleischmann discovered.

Ah, yes. The Jones ploy. I should have seen it coming.

In the past Park has excoriated Jones, so he must have someone else in mind as the replacement discoverer. Maybe he will claim that Szpak or Miley discovered cold fusion.

Still, as I said, by Park's standards this is an extraordinary admission, and perhaps we should take it as a sign of progress, albeit progress at a glacial pace.