Hi,
[snip]
>Robin van Spaandonk wrote:
>
>> >waste heat from generators far exceeds the total amount of heat
>> >generated by burning coal. See the figure on last page of this document:
>> >
>> >http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/NRELenergyover.pdf
>>
>>Why is the "Unit cost" in $/kW as opposed to $/kWh? Is this a mistake, or are
>>they actually talking about power plant construction costs?
>
>Where document are you talking about? I do not see "Unit Cost" in the
>NREL document.

In each of the diagrams, under each "fuel type", e.g. for CRUDE OIL/GASOLINE
they have a Unit Cost ($/kW) : 1000, Total Cost ($/kW delivered) 8505.

This makes no sense to me. Gasoline doesn't cost $1000/kW. The very notion is
pointless. It also doesn't cost $1000/kWh, unless we have been subject to
rampant hyperinflation overnight, and nobody told me. ;)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition (capitalism) provides the motivation,
Cooperation (communism) provides the means.