On Jun 14, 2007, at 11:53 AM, OrionWorks wrote:

From Horace:

But what of your perceptions?  Since you perceive you are not
thinking you can not be sure you are not your perceptions.

One has fooled themselves with that "perception." One is still
thinking. Easy to do. Tricks me all the time as well. But I'm getting
better at it.

You imply it was I who has tried to stop thinking and perceived it. I *know* I am thinking because I am thinking that when *you* stopped thinking you perceived you stopped thinking and thus had that perception. If you go to sleep, on the other hand, your perception may or may not be present, but if not, then where are you?

Stop thinking. Just a suggestion.

Time is too short for that, and for this recreation.  8^)

Regards,

Horace Heffner