On Jun 15, 2007, at 8:00 PM, Robin van Spaandonk wrote:

Hi,
[snip]
My point was not about ethics at all though, merely that pursuit of
nuclear weapons capability is a *stupid* strategy for a country like
Iran.

But how do you know they are pursuing nuclear weapons?

As much as you seem to wish I had said Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, I did not. What I did was list some obvious possible follow- on scenarios, in random order, including the possible scenario that Iran gets the bomb, or one is used, scenario (e). As much as it appears you would like to put words into my mouth and convert a *requested* prediction, provided in my case as a set of energy related scenarios and an associated guess at a maximum time to a bump, into an off topic ethno-political argument, I dislike it.

I would much prefer to hear your (and other's) answer to the question, your predicted time line to the first serious bump in the energy road, and why: