On 7/18/07, Horace Heffner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jul 18, 2007, at 5:49 AM, Jones Beene wrote:

> I should add that the optimists in the free-energy world need not
> be totally disheartened with the "stunningly exactly zero" verdict,
> as this only underlines the necessity of finding, and building on,
> a basic asymmetry - which has always been the challenge.

For sure. The "stunning" part is because the black holes get to have
the cake and eat it too.  Mass-energy is stored away in the
singularity exactly as fast as it is radiated away.  Now *that* is
free energy!  The practical problem is the need to be around one of
those all eating things to get the energy.  If one got lose into the
earth it would be bye-bye earth - assuming the theory is right of
course.  I worry about the Large Hadron Collider.  They assume the
black holes it creates will evaporate.  I'm not so sure about that.

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/

The award winning author, David Brin, discusses the ramifications of
when one of these little critters accidentally escapes a research lab
and starts whizzing about inside the core of our energy starved
planet. Read about this frightening scenario in Brin's novel "Earth".

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-David-Brin/dp/055329024X
http://www.davidbrin.com/othersfbooks.html

There's a humorous chapter in this novel, set about 50 years into the
future, where a huge debate unfolds on what to do with all of Los
Angeles's accumulated 20th century garbage languishing away in a
massive landfills. Economics eventually wins out and a brand new gold
rush to California is born as various companies start bidding for the
rights to process the spoils of 20th century "waste". The spoils were
considered far too valuable to remain locked up underground, to slowly
transform via metamorphosis over millions of years into strange new
compounds.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com