I am immensely saddened to hear what has happened to Paul Pantone. There but for pure luck could go I, or many of the lurkers here I suspect.

On Jul 26, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Jones Beene wrote:

This principle allows the motorbike to operate on a mixture of 25 percent gasoline and 75 percent water. The bike has run on a trial basis for several kilometers.

I love the Buckminster quote on the site:

"Il n'y a pas de crise de l'Energie, mais simplement une crise d'Ignorance" B. Fuller

"There is no crisis of Energy, but simply a crisis of Ignorance," B. Fuller

Speaking of ignorance, I can't remember exactly what the GEET principle was (or devices are), though I know it was talked about at length here including dialog about WWII tractors that ran on water fuel mixtures, courtesy of Fred Sparber. Apparently using well timed water injection, if that is what GEET is, is not all that bad an idea, because generating steam from injected water converts excess combustion heat into pressure. In other words the loss of pressure due to loss of heat is less than the increase in pressure due to the conversion of liquid water to steam. I can indeed see why Pantone had problems managing this and had to do it manually if he had no thermodynamic model of the process, or means to use such a model for computer control of the process. GEET, if it is this kind of water injection thing, would be much easier to apply to a constant rpm constant torque motor used in a hybrid to charge batteries. The claimed 25/75 mix sounds a bit excessive to me though. The excess water might be key to carrying off pollutants in liquid form though, at the end of the cycle. A water condensing unit in the exhaust, and filtering and recycling unit might help all the work out. This is not so far fetched as some tanks have been fitted with (drinking!) exhaust water recovery systems based on cross-membrane exchange.

Gee, a tri-fuel approach might be an improvement. Inject fuel, ignite, inject brown's gas to finish the burn and consume CO and other pollutants, and inject water to convert excess pressure to heat and further consume pollutants via steam catalysis. A cool exhaust means a better use of the energy. I also like the idea of running a spark plug using very high frequency sparks, similar to tesla coil stuff. The HF SPARKS would spread uniformly over the insulator and to a circular ground ring. Raising the spark voltage sounds like a good idea too, as well as increasing the radius of the flat round insulator interior face surface. It could overlap the spark plug threads and extend to the engine female threads, i.e. to the head. A small spark recess volume would increase compression, and allow the spark to jump to the piston head at the point of maximum compression. The reduction in individual spark current, while increasing the number of sparks and overall effective spark volume should reduce wear on all but the central electrode. I'm not a mechanical engineer, and have no experience with ICE's so this all makes sense to me, whether it is realistic or not! 8^)

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/