On Aug 11, 2007, at 7:58 PM, Michel Jullian wrote:

Horace,

Your argument below is flawed because

E = grad (V)

is the definition of V as much as it is the definition of E, so p1 and p2 cannot be fixed, as you imagined, independently of the real charges which determine the field: once you (the power supply) will have removed all N electrons from B1 and transferred them to B2, then the voltage difference will be as determined by the field created by the real charges. What would be idealized would be to imagine that a power supply can impose a given voltage difference across two bodies, regardless of the electrons those bodies can shed.

Guess what Michel, you are certainly right about the above. You should feel good about that! However, it is still unrelated to the original debate.

The above essentially was supposed to be *my* point. I can see I misstated my case. It is very difficult to sensibly debate this side issue to a side issue and still make progress on my paper at the same time. I don't have time for both. I certainly agree with what you wrote above.

What I really meant meant to say is essentially just the above. Once you pick a gauge, as I did, and measure two potentials in that gauge (the potentials p1 and p2 have no meaning without some choice of gauge), you can't then pick any arbitrary potential increment K and add it to both p1 and p2 and expect E can be maintained. Similarly, you can't just pick any E and expect electron fugacity to be maintainable without an appropriate choice of both gauge and potential. Once you have chosen your gauge, within the limits I specified, the fugacity can be determined based on potential.

This brings us back to the main side issue, about which I still feel the same.

The veracity your subject statement under some conditions, or lack of same, is irrelevant. It is well known that classical electromagnetism is a gauge theory. However, it is unreasonable and irrelevant to repeatedly note that fact when a gauge has been specified. Within the context of the deflation fusion topic, the context in which you criticized changes to Figure 1, when gauge is specified as I did, then *absolute* surface potential is an indicator of electron fugacity. I say once again that to suggest this effect can be created by relative potentials and not absolute potentials where potential is defined within the constraints I very clearly laid out, is to miss the point entirely. It leads to nonsensical designs and to the inability to understand why CF conditions may be so difficult to achieve reliably.

The objective is immobilize conduction band electrons, to increase their density such that the addition of more electrons compresses the quantum waveform of the electrons such that the momentum and energy of some electrons is increased via Heisenberg. This method of momentum and quantum energy state (though not necessarily Newtonian momentum or energy) increase is only possible when loading exceeds 1-1 (assuming a metal is involved with 1 conduction band electron per atom) in the metal lattice *and* there are excess charges added, i.e. local electron fugacity is high. That is the only way to compress the electron wave functions to a size where Heisenberg becomes significant. The increase in quantum energy state permits Rydberg orbital types that have vastly increased nucleus occupancy probabilities. Inside a Faraday cage, or on the surface of the earth with no faraday cage (and seeing no Faraday cage around the earth) this initiating condition can be related to an absolute potential defined in a context such as I did define it. The initiating condition certainly can *not* be defined by relative potentials as you seem to want to do. To attempt a design using only relative potentials is to be designing with hit or miss techniques. You can perhaps get away with it provided the earth is neutral or negative potential as I defined that.

One importance of this condition I have suggested is it creates an aggregate behavior whereby group electron pressure results in increased probability of individual electron waveform collapse events. It is thus in some senses an energy focusing effect. It is not possible to engineer this effect without consideration of the effect of an absolute surface potential, using the defined gauge, on electron fugacity. The changes to Figure 1 were well founded.