On Aug 23, 2007, at 9:01 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

There is much to be said for Charles Fort's method of collecting anomalies with an open-minded, non-judgmental attitude. We should not demand that they be promptly explained or debunked -- voted up or down. The Fortean Times carries on his tradition, which is admirable.

Yes, indeed. I tend to fall into debunk mode pretty fast. It's so easy. Also, if it isn't useable, quantifiable or subject to experiment I tend to lose interest fast, unlike the Fortean Times.

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/