On Aug 25, 2007, at 9:39 PM, thomas malloy wrote:

Jones Beene wrote:

Horace

Too bad there is no way to get that kind of 'official-sounding' crap from Vassilatos off the internet (or reclassified as fiction). And here is the most important message of the thread - with what Richard Hull says about Vassilatos - basically that he is "just wrong"... Richard personally interviewed the witnesses to the event.

I'm wondering when the writers say 15.5 g neutrons, is that g 10^9? It would seem to me that

The 10^9 is right, but it is capital "G", not "g".

if they thought this system would work the hot fusioneers would have used it, correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Used it for what?  The COP is incredibly bad.

Here's the calculation again assuming 10 MeV per neutron:

Gn/s  Watts_in   Watts_out  COP

1.0   20          0.0160    8x10^-4
2.6   4750        0.0417    9x10^-6
15.5  10500       0.2483    2x10^-5

That means for each kilo-watt in you get at most 1 extra kilowatt out. BTW, I made a mistake in the table above. It should look like:

Gn/s  Watts_in  NeutronWatts_out  COP

1.0   20          0.0160    1+8x10^-4
2.6   4750        0.0417    1+9x10^-6
15.5  10500       0.2483    1+2x10^-5

assuming 100% efficiency in everything else.

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/