The laddermill is a great concept and I'm glad the demo was a great
success. However, I find myself often suspecting that the biggest
impediment to this kind of technology ever being taken seriously is
not that it's been proven feasible, but that it simply looks too weird
to be taken seriously, particularly as a viable AE source.

One of the biggest lessons I've had to learn in my life this time
around is that conformity to a fixed set of ideas has a tendency to
dictate society's ability to envision the possibilities of our future
far more stringently than what what my own personal predilections
would opt for.

"A string of kites? Kites are children's toys!"

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com