As I recall, triple expansion marine steam engines produced condensed liquid output. They had to, because the water was recycled. They have any amount of cooling water on ships, but not much space for heat exchanges or radiators.

Actually, I personally don't recall -- they were before my time, and I have only seen a marine Diesel engine at work, but my father used to work on one, which nearly killed him a couple of times. When they built the Smithsonian Museum of Technology, there was one installed in marine technology department, next to the railroads. He looked at it and said "gee, that makes me feel old." You are old, thought I. Then I took my kids many years later, and there in the computer exhibit, were not one but TWO computers that I had worked with.

Chris Tinsley and Soo Seddon were touring the U.K. National Museum of Science and Industry one day, when in the computer exhibit section they came upon a large hard disk. I mean one of these "washing machine" disk from the '60s or '70s. Chris looked at it and exclaimed, "Hey, I designed that!" Soo, who does not impress easily, said "ah, they should probably stuff and mount you in there with it, with the other relics."