An email I received today from IEEE Spectrum:

As we were preparing to publish this exclusive interview with the famed author of works such as "2001: A Space Odyssey," we received news that Sir Arthur had passed away at age 90. Sadly, it now contains some of the final words of a writer who changed the world with his ideas. One of our correspondents traveled to Sri Lanka in January to speak with him in person, only to find Clarke hospitalized and short of breath. Still, he was able to convey his thoughts on a range of technology topics, from space elevators to terraformed planets. Read the article and listen to
our exclusive interview.

Article url:
http://spectrum.ieee.org/mar08/6075

Long time ACC reader and fan,