On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Mike Carrell wrote:

> I am half way through it. The back cover is studded with glowing
> endorsements from students and professionals.. I'm no biologist, but it
> makes sense. The water memory is not exotic, but a resoned discourse on how
> water molecules next to proteins can become structured. The book is very
> readable with lots of marginal sketches.

The comment I heard here at work is that Pollack was detecting "structured
water" for many minutes after the polarizing e-field had been removed.
>From homeopathy flamewars, I recall many debunkers quoting theory-
predicted numbers in the nanoseconds.  Once the charged objects are no
longer there, thermal motion is supposed to instantly disrupt the
structure.  Unless theory is wrong.

I wonder if the "structure" is easy to detect.  For example, if you shine
a red laser through ultra-pure water, you can see the beam, since it's
scattered by nano-crystallites which are part of water's short-range
structure.  Polarizing the water might alter the visible pattern?

billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com