>From Thomas:

> Vortexians;
>
> John Lear was a guest on C to C AM this morning. He mentioned Pari
> Spolter's, Gravitation Force of the Sun. According to Mr. Lear, it shreds
> Newton's Laws of Gravitation, and proves that we didn't land on the Moon.
> Mr. Lear's comments, IMHO, were rather flakey, and his friends,
> http://www.thelivingmoon.com/ seem even flakier, what do you people think?

This is an occasionally interesting web site, Thomas.

An obscure link listed close to the bottom at the Pegasus Research
Consortium Web site is the one labeled "Dr. T. Lobsang Rampa, A
Collection of His Work, Books, and Multimedia"

See: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/44cosmic_wisdom/02files/Lobsang_Rampa.html

Wiki's entry (FWIW):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobsang_Rampa

Personal impressions:

Dr. Lobsang (aka: Cyril Henry Hoskin, a British citizen) was a
fascinating colorful character. I read a number of his "true" personal
adventure books when I was just a wee impressionable teenager of
fifteen or sixteen years of age. The story goes that Lobsang claimed
to have been a transmigrated soul of a Tibetan monk who was originally
trained in the medical profession. In Sci-Fi terms this means there
had been a "soul-transfer" where the original soul, or occupant,
vacated the physical body (all by agreed choice) in order to allow the
entering soul another chance to complete his/her earthly tasks. It's a
quick and dirty way to get important earthly work done without having
to go through all the rigmarole most of us mortals much endure, like
being born and going through toilet training, growing up and going to
school and getting bullied. It's like getting a really great deal on a
used car!

I will not debate the veracity of Lobsang's / Hoskin's claims. After
all, how does one verify, or falsify such a crazy New Age idea - that
one can assume ownership of another person's body, all by agreed
choice? Just sign over the title documents!

All I'm going to talk about is one incident I remember reading from
one of Lobsang's alleged adventures, that is when he was allegedly
still occupying his original body as a young Tibetan student monk
living in a monastery in Tibet before the Chinese occupation.

One evening Lobsang's teacher took his student's, including Lobsang,
outside in the cold thin Tibetan mountain air in order to conduct a
very special field expedition. And this was no ordinary expedition,
mind you. Everyone was to sit down, begin a special type of meditation
in order to induce a temporary separation of their soul from their
physical body. This is called Astral Projection in New Age speak. Once
all the students had accomplished this feat, the teacher, who was also
in his astral body, instructed his students to follow him.

The astral group took off flying through the clear evening Tibetan
sky, up into the heavens passing star system after star system.
Eventually the astral expedition landed on an obscure planet circling
a solar system orbiting a dying red star. The planet they landed was
an old one. Most of the indigenous life was in the process of slowly
going extinct. In the distance the students could see a scientific
research station. The Tibetan students, lead by their instructor,
entered an enclosed research facility. It was occupied by several
alien scientists who were monitoring the status of the planet's eco
system. When the students entered the enclosure one of the scientists
casually noticed their presence even though they were in their astral
form, and the scientist was obviously still physical. (Must have had
astral trained eyes!) It was as if the meeting had been a
pre-arranged, put together by their Tibetan instructor who must have
contacted the alien scientists a couple of days prior! The scientist
welcomed the touring astral students and then proceeded to give them a
brief lecture on what his scientific expedition was in the process of
investigating. After the lecture, the Tibtian teacher gathered up his
students and they flew back to Earth and reentered their cold stiff
physical bodies half-frozen after being outside and exposed to the
cold evening elements. They hastily went back inside the monastery to
warm up, to down a warm traditional Tibetan buttered drink, and to
discuss the particulars of their most recent field trip.

You can make all you want about veracity or lack of, of such
outlandish adventures, and there's plenty to say! All I feel like
saying, perhaps in Mr. Hoskin's defense, is that he had a vivid
imagination. I thoroughly enjoyed losing my imagination within the
worlds of Hoskin's literary field trips. In the end, it didn't matter
if the tales he was writing down really happened or not. What
ultimately mattered most to me was what his tales taught me about
myself and how to see myself and my place within the environment.

Thinking is the best way to travel.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com