I hope I am posing this question concerning the characteristics of
magnetic properties using proper terminology. My apologies up front if
not.

The following two questions are related to each other:

(1) Does anyone know how fast magnetic viscosity on average tends to
propagate (or cycle) through various kinds of permanent magnetic
material? Hundredths of a second? Milliseconds? Microseconds? Faster
or slower???

(2) Is it theoretically possible to generate a viscosity induced
HARMONIC frequency in a permanent magnet. I'm speculating on whether
an amplified harmonic effect could be generated by a carefully applied
external frequency, such as an external EM field set to a specific
frequency, or perhaps through an assembly of rapidly spinning
permanent magnets such as one finds in a spinning wheel. I'm
speculating on whether it's possible if certain externally induced EM
frequencies might enhance the viscotic migratory effect within certain
permanent magnet materials.

It's analogous to how lasers produce light through a buildup of
specific EM harmonic frequencies within the crystal that ultimately
produces a strong coherent beam of light.

PERSONAL THOUGHTS:

If specific harmonic magnetic viscosity fields can be "enhanced" or
possibly amplified within certain PM materials the implications could
be interesting.

One of the reason's I'm posing this question in Vortex is that there
are various You-tube videos I've seen out in the public domain that
hint (at least to me) of the possibility that the user may have
accidentally stumbled across for a brief period of time just the right
magnetic viscosity induced frequency that caused their magnetic
assembly/contraption to spin up for a few brief dramatic seconds.
However, because they really don't know what they are doing it's all
very unstable and soon the assembly eventually gets out-of-phase,
harmonically speaking, causing the assembly to grind to a halt.

>From what I can tell, visually speaking, I don't think the sudden
rotational increase is due to an unconscious manual "pumping" of the
PMs introduced (unintentionally) into the configuration by the user.
The "spinning" I've seen occurs where the user is no longer manually
influencing the configuration. The contraption is spinning freely on
its own for a few brief seconds.

Of course, this is all just conjecture on my part.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks