----- Original Message -----
From: "Jones Beene" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Chlorine photo-reactivity

> 1) Given the small, but proven, fusion rate of "warm
> fusion" - i.e. the Farnsworth Fusor, where the
> apparent threshold for fusion has been lowered from
> several MeV to several tens of KeV ....

There is no such threshold of course, as you said it's QM, so anything can
happen with some non zero probability. Mere eV deuterons can fuse too, only not
often.

> ... this is suggestive of the situation where the
> "capture" of 20-40 KeV electrons by bare deuterons can
> create enough "near-neutral" shrunken D, with at least
> a short lifetime, sufficient for real fusion to occur
> at far less energy than expected...

I am not aware that the fusion rate in a Farnsworth Fusor is anomalous as you
suggest. If it was, I would think mainstream science would have reacted by now.

Also are you sure that 20-40 keV electrons are at play there, or did you mean
20-40 keV deuterons? I am yet to understand electrode polarity in these
contraptions, is the outer electrode positive or negative?

Michel