> Plus, even the best battery system cannot compete with
> the air car for low cost per mile driven (if we can
> believe the published results)

Only if you find some valuable use for the waste heat generated by the
compressor, e.g. for domestic hot water, as Robin suggested some time ago. The
energy balance for 300 L at 300 bars is as follows:

At compression time:
In: 12 kWh electric
Out: 3 kWh compressed air intrinsic energy (P*V) + 9 kWh heat to ambient

At expansion time:
In: 3 kWh compressed air intrinsic energy + 9 kWh heat from ambient
Out: 12 kWh mechanical

Michel