--- Michel

> The energy balance for 300 L at 300 bars is as
follows:

> At expansion time:
> In: 3 kWh compressed air intrinsic energy + 9 kWh
> heat from ambient

> Out: 12 kWh mechanical

Yes Michel, and even that low number assumes that it
all can be used, which it cannot; but you have not
been following (more likely refusing to believe) the
gist of the prior thread on this ....

.... which is simply the fact that this calculated
limitation you studiously and accurately document
above does NOT seem to be what is happening in ACTUAL
practice.

... if we chose to believe the dozens of news stories
and eye-witness accounts.

Something else must be going on; significantly over
and above the naive figures you are using:

QUOTE: Its mileage is about double that of the most
advanced electric car (200 to 300 km or 10 hours of
driving), a factor which makes a perfect choice in
cities where the 80% of motorists drive at less than
60Km. The car has a top speed of 105 kmph.

http://trak.in/tags/business/2008/07/01/tata-motors-air-car-minicat/

OK how do you get 300 km of actual driving distance
out of 12 kW mechanical? Short answer: you don't.

If you were going 100 kmph that would imply about 20
kW of draw for a tiny car and for this van it would be
more like 30. So to go the 300 km of travel the energy
would need to be expended in the amount of ~100 kWhr,
which is approximately 8 time more than you suggest is
available from the air.

That is one of the reasons why I consumed so much
bandwidth in the previous posts to make the point that
there is a very good case here for substantial OU
(COP=8).

You may not want to believe that, but what other
choice do we have other than complete fraud ? Well,
there is one, sadly which is not total fraud but
close.

My (wishful) suggestion was that it could be the
result of ZPE coherence via double phase-change - but
we also know that the vehicle does carry a small
amount of gasoline for startup; and that the company
could be (fraudulently) basing the surprisingly high
mileage in these reports on using all of that
gasoline, which I believe is no more than 3 liters.

Even then (and yes that is more likely to be the true
situation) it is a case for celebration by some of us,
as it still disruptive to normal driving assumptions.
100 km per liter is fantastic, but if that is how they
get it, then the company should be more forthcoming on
that *important detail.*

But needless to say- as good as 100 km/l sounds (240
mpg) it is not so much a cause for celebration (on
some alternative energy fori) as if there were real
ZPE coherence. I might even have to splurge on a case
of that fine French bubble Veuve Clicquot, if it were
not due to the gasoline.

Jones