When evaluating the laser result, you need to take into account that it does not work unless the cathode is coated with gold. Consequently, the effect depends on how deep the laser energy goes. Does the effect have any relationship at all to the properties of palladium?

Ed

Jones Beene wrote:

WRT - the Letts, Cravens, Haglestein Laser experiment

"They finally tried the wavelengths Peter suggested

(8, 15, 20 THz) and the effect now turns on
reproducibly. Not only does the heat appear when the
laser is applied..."

Most interesting result, but darn, wonder if they
tried 30 THz ? or was I was off a bit in an earlier
prediction ?

In 2004, in a posting here (you heard it first on
Vo;-) I predicted that "triple coherency" could
possibly occur in a stabilized LENR cell using a
terahertz laser at 3-30 THz and that was based on an
assumed size of the "exciton" in a Pd matrix.
Apparently it is larger on average than I was assuming
(if the lower frequecy works better ... but at least I
did have the range covered (3-30 THz) ;-)

"Triple coherency" is what happens (hypothetically)
when one forces the three different waveforms of
mass/energy which are evident in this kind of
experiment:
1) photons
2) electrons (leptons)
3) phonons