Steven Krivit wrote:

>It's going to take me a while to process all the stuff from ICCF and
>ACS...so don't expect anything too quick.

I guess the ACS just wrapped up yesterday:

Fall 2008 National Meeting & Exposition
236th ACS National Meeting & Exposition
August 17-21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Just in time for me to put a news item about, a day late for it to do any good. Ah well.

As I said, news is not my forte.

>Why didn't Celani's abstract fit in the ICCF-14 book of abstracts?

'Cause it was too long. The instructions said, I quote:

"Length: One page total per abstract. Longer abstracts will be edited to one page."

http://iccf-14.org/documents/AbstractInstructions.pdf

You would be surprised how many authors ignored that and other instructions. Or maybe you wouldn't, but anyway, I cut 'em.

One of the many advantages of working with Navy and ex-Navy people is that they mean what they say, and when they set a rule they enforce it. For example, at ICCF-14 the sessions started on time, and presentations were delivered on schedule.