Jones Beene wrote:
> Is a desire to find a "higher authority" in our government - even when
> government chooses to act unscientifically and politically - fulfilling
> the same psychological "need" as unquestioning faith in any other
> "higher authority" ?
>
> Maybe. From the lack of logic, and blatant anti-scientific negativity,
> which was recently on display in postings here on vortex -- from
> otherwise logical and thoughtful folks, this seems to be the only
> explanation ...
>
> ... at least for those of us who want real and honest answers **from
> science** and not from politicians who are in direct opposition to
> investigating the truth   ....
>
> http://www.theprogressivemind.info/2008/09/physics-dept-seminar-on-9102008-by-dr.html
>
> http://www.theprogressivemind.info/2008/09/who-told-giuliani-wtc-was-going-to.html

FWIW the firefighters were not evacuated, and the police were, because
the radios carried by the NYFD didn't work well enough and most of them
never got the message.  The evacuation message was sent out by radio but
the firemen didn't evacuate, because they didn't hear the message.

For years they'd been fighting to get better radios.  The ones they had
were NG from the get-go (I don't recall the details -- I think it was
the usual sordid story of a company that low-balls a bid and then
delivers inadequate merchandise to squeeze out a profit anyway but it's
been a year or two since I read anything about it).  Giuliani sat on his
thumb while the firemen complained about the bad radios, and then 9/11
happened, and an awful lot of them died as a result.

The survivors did not keep silent about this, and it was a big deal
while it looked like Giuliani might be the republican candidate.  In
fact, I'd say that the issue of the bad radios which Giuliani never
authorized funds to replace, along with the issue of his cross-dressing,
are two of the biggest factors which helped knock him out of the
presidential race.