Yes, I understand your point and I agree. Not just Buddha is worshiped but Christ and many of the "saints" as well. This is another human need, i.e. to identify with the person rather than with the idea. Unfortunately, this creates great trouble when the identification is with the personality of a leader rather than with his goals and policy. But, it looks like we are stuck with this characteristic.

Ed