On Sep 15, 2008, at 5:48 PM, Terry Blanton wrote:

 I moved to T Bills over a year ago.  Will they survive?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Crash_of_1929

Tery

Sure, but the dollars you get back might be worthless because the only way the government can pay for all this is to print money. I switched strategy the end of last year to mostly I-bonds and TIPS in the hopes that if the government makes good then that capital will be preserved. However, a lot of people holding war bonds got left holding the bag after WW II. You would think an elected government couldn't get away with that kind of thing. It's too late now to buy I-bonds because the interest and limits have become unfavorable, I assume because the government realized the rush that might occur for them and the great difficulty of making good on them. I'm making over 6% now on the I-bonds due to inflation.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/