Hi Richard,

Bismuth has many unusual properties which should be investigated for
alternative energy potential - but this concept is looking specifically for
bosons -- and bismuth doesn't suit the bill for that. Bosons are energy
carriers, and they couple to other bosons in a direct coherent way, since they
have the same integer spin, which could be important for gainfulness ... or not.

Actually there are only a few light elements which could ever even be remotely
subject to becoming a condensate (quasi-BEC) and perhaps lithium is the only
one which is a liquid in a range of temperatures that allows its own surface
tension to form nanoparticles of a size range which can bind to a Frenkel
electron, for instance, and develop a very strong self-field.

Actually buckyballs (C-60) which can also be considered as large unit bosons
and which can do this [I think that C-60 is how the Frenekel exciton was
discovered]; but yet this unit is apparently too large to show the special BEC
spatial property -- which would possibly result in a net gain after further
processing, and/or nuclear tunneling to show LENR effects.

Admittedly, this is new territory and there is maybe a chance in a zillion that
lithium has such an active bosonic unit (either a pair of atoms or more) - but
- it could be worth a try to find out. The pair of lithium-6 atoms, if that is
the most useful boson which can be found - might be amenable to a QM tunneling
reaction to form carbon and give up about 30 MeV per atom in the process - but
that is an even more remote possibility-- and even worse, if the excess energy
turned out to be in the form of a neutrino, it would not be usable.

Jones