Hi,
[snip]
>Admittedly, this is new territory and there is maybe a chance in a zillion
>that lithium has such an active bosonic unit (either a pair of atoms or more)
>- but - it could be worth a try to find out. The pair of lithium-6 atoms, if
>that is the most useful boson which can be found - might be amenable to a QM
>tunneling reaction to form carbon and give up about 30 MeV per atom in the
>process - but that is an even more remote possibility-- and even worse, if the
>excess energy turned out to be in the form of a neutrino, it would not be
>usable.
[snip]
There is no weak force reaction involved in the fusion of Li6 to C12, so the
only way for a neutrino to be produced would be in the form of
neutrino-anti-neutrino pair production. However I have never seen this reported
as a means of removing energy from energetic nuclei, so if it exists, then it
must be extremely rare, in which case it isn't likely to be a problem anyway.

OTOH, if "shrunken" Li can exist, then it may be possible to remove the energy
of the reaction through an IC (internal conversion) reaction, which becomes more
likely, the smaller the electron orbital becomes. This is also what may make IC
a likely energy removal option in CF reactions involving Hydrinos.

The reason for raising this possibility at all is because while converting Li6
to C12 there are no hadrons left over, which normally implies energy removal
through gamma ray emission. Although if the "lattice loss" mechanisms are
correct, then perhaps it may turn up as heat in the lattice.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>