From: Jed Rothwell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 September 2008 23:55
To: vortex-L@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:OFF TOPIC News of the bailout

> If you want to hear what iron-clad determination in the face of disaster
sounds like, listen to FDR on audio here:

> http://www.hpol.org/fdr/inaug/

It's all in the first part, the oath and the constitution. What follows is
technically un-American.

Fascinating bit of history; then as now.

> I know the score too, in my personal quest. I know better than anyone how
little likelihood there is that cold fusion will overcome the political
opposition and succeed. That does not stop me. This is hardly a profile in
courage; I have nothing to lose personally if cold fusion is forgotten,
except 20 or 30 years of my life wasted in a hopeless task. Many people
waste their lives for less, in unfulfilling jobs or loveless marriages. At
least I will have had a good time, and met interesting people.

Good luck.

> Like him or hate him, no one can deny that FDR had an elemental force of
personality. Before the inauguration some people thought he was a wimp! Some
people say that about Obama today, but I have read his books and I can judge
people's personalities and I am confident it is not so. He may be a disaster
in the making, but he has guts.

Bit young for memoirs?