Damn!  How'd that get there?

People were forced into the money market.  The traditional way for
saving when I was a child was the passbook account.  I prided myself
for every dollar that got stamped into my book.  The move by the banks
to reduce these rates made people look at certificates of deposits.
The CDs gave the banks reassurance that the money would remain with
them for the term of the deposit.

Then the money market fell and many people who were living off their
retirement funds moved into mutual funds in order to maintain their
ROI.  The result is an inflated stock market.

You *do* agree that the peak of 14,000 was quite inflated for the DOW?

Terry