I like this quote from the airturbineengine page:

> The air we breathe is the same air that drives the AATE; no wind
> required. This is not a perpetual motion machine.

It runs forever with no fuel or energy input, using air but without
requiring wind (or, by implication, a temperature differential) but it's
not a perpetual motion machine.  And the difference is what, exactly...?

Sure, sure, everybody knows perpmo is impossible, and this is anything
but that, so it can't be a perpmo machine.  Ho, hum.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Quoting R C Macaulay
>> Howdy Thomas,
>> Notice the Rockwell  turbine company is registered in Las Vegas,
>> Nevada. I haven't been able to sell a single share of their stock to
>> the drunks at the Dime Box Saloon,
>
>>> Vortexians;
>>>
>>> For Leaking Pen, and anyone else who missed it. I sent the following to
>>> Hal Puthoff.
>>>
>>> I assume that you've heard of Viktor Schauberger and his Respine. These
>>> people claim to have replicated it http://www.airturbineengine.com/ .
>
> Hum, I assume from the tone of your message that you don't think their air
> turbine will work. Their plan is to have it independentaly verified.

In general when someone builds a motor -- which supposedly works -- and
then they say they're going to have someone "independently verify" it,
you should be on your guard.

If it works, what's to verify?  Build it, sell it, put it in your car,
hook it to a generator and heat your house with it.  Close the loop and
invite a few friends over to look for the trick, let them go talk about
it to their friends. (We're all within six "friends" of each other, so
word gets around fast.)  If you don't think there's a market for
emergency generators which don't require keeping 500 gallons of gasoline
on the premises to actually be of any value, you haven't looked around
much -- and you wouldn't need to sell many of the things to start
ramping up your business.  Lots of mo-gens are installed by
handyman-type guys, independent operators, and do-it-yourselfers, any of
whom might be willing to have a go at something like this.  Hey, sell
kits!  If it works (big "if") there is a market for it, no "independent
verification" required.

On the other hand, if it doesn't work, then an "independent
verification" is a great opportunity to exercise lots of cleverness and
fool one observer into thinking they saw something they didn't see.  Oh,
look, the Statue of Liberty really did vanish!  There were witnesses,
that proves it.  And once you've had it "verified" you can suck in
investors, who will be happy to give you money in exchange for nothing
more than little pieces of paper.  This is in sharp contrast to the
do-it-yourself mo-gen market, where if someone gives you money, you have
to give them a functional hunk of hardware in exchange.